Official Transcripts for Associate and Bachelor's Admissions

An official transcript will be needed for each institution attended, even if transfer credit from a previous institution is listed on another college or university transcript.

Empire State University partners with several electronic transcript providers to receive electronic academic transcripts. If your institution provides electronic transcripts, you may request to have your official transcripts sent electronically from your institution directly to SUNY Empire.

Please contact your previous college/university to request an official transcript be transmitted electronically to or mailed directly to:

Empire State University
111 West Ave.
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Do not send copies of transcripts, certificates, licenses or other documentation of non-college learning at this time.

Non-U.S. College Credentials

If you have completed college credit at a non-U.S. institution, you must have those credentials evaluated by a member organization of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), such as SpanTran, ECE, GLOBE, or WES

A course-by course evaluation report is required.

Please make sure to plan accordingly and review pricing, services, documentation requirements and the time it takes to prepare the evaluation report as each service differs.

Evaluation reports must be submitted directly from an approved evaluation service to the university. Copies of evaluations sent by the student will not be accepted.

Canadian Students

  • Canadian transcripts must be in English.
  • Empire State University accepts transcripts from Canadian institutions that are members of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) or the Canadian Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology (CAAT).

All other educational documents must be evaluated by one of the approved evaluation services listed above.