The Office of Communications works with offices and individuals across the university to develop communication plans to announce initiatives, research, programs, events, and other news.
Components of Communication Planning
- Audience identification: Who do you want to influence and how can you reach them?
- Key message(s): What messages will resonate most strongly with your audience(s)?
- Message development: What will your communications say?
- Tactical outreach plan: How will you get your message in front of the people you want to reach?
- Timelines for moving forward: When should your efforts start and end?
Have an idea in need of a communications plan? Contact our office today!
Note: You will need Adobe Reader to read PDF documents. If it is not installed on your computer, download it for free from Adobe.