Guides for Frequently Requested Subjects
The university has prepared detailed guides in subject areas where credit is most frequently sought through Prior Learning Assessment. These guides will help with the submission process for your individualized Prior Learning Assessment request. Not all subjects eligible for evaluation are included. Please consult your mentor about evaluation of other subjects.
- Administrative Services (file 37kB)
- Business Communications (file 40kB)
- Data Management Tools (file 42kB)
- Diversity in the Workplace (file 47kB)
- Leadership (file 66kB)
- Management (file 67kB)
- Public Speaking (file 32kB)
To get started with documenting your prior learning:
- Describe what you do.
- Compare a real and hypothetical situation in this field.
- Identify informal “rules” in this field.
- Examine the role of a professional in this field.
- Apply your knowledge in a problem-solving situation.
- Identify critical issues in the field.
- Teach others.
- Offer additional information or evidence of your learning.
For more information, refer to our complete list of supporting materials and the iPLA guide for students.