Microcredentials and Certificates
Looking to advance your career? Or enhance your knowledge in an in-demand field? Consider getting a certificate or microcredential from SUNY Empire. These programs offer a great way to earn a high-quality credential that supports a specific interest.
Certificates: SUNY Empire’s certificate programs are registered with New York state and consist of credit-bearing courses. Our certificate programs let students focus on a high-demand field and get a certificate that can be used toward one or more degrees.
Microcredentials: Our microcredentials are short, targeted programs that help you get the skills and knowledge you need in today’s most exciting industries. You can also apply them toward a degree or certificate.
Undergraduate certificates are applicable to at least one degree program for those meeting program admissions requirements. Students already enrolled in one of SUNY Empire's associate or bachelor's degree program plans may also earn a certificate, if applicable.
- Business and Environmental Sustainability
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention
- Global Indigenous Knowledge
- Healthcare Management
- Manufacturing Management
Graduate Advanced Certificates (post-bachelor’s)
Advanced certificates are offered online and can be completed as an individual credential or incorporated into a related master's degree for those meeting program admission requirements.
- American Studies
- Child and Family Advocacy
- Community Advocacy
- Emerging Media and Technology for the Arts
- Financial Management and Analysis
- Global Brand Marketing
- Global Finance and Investment
- Healthcare Management
- Heritage Preservation
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology Management
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
- Instructional Design and Emerging Technologies
- Labor Studies
- Marketing Analytics and Brand Management
- Nonprofit Management
- Optometry Business Management
- Project Management
- Public Administration
- Public History
- STEM Education and Emerging Technologies
- Teaching and Training with Technology
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Women's and Gender Studies
- Workforce Development
For more information about our advanced certificates, please visit our Advanced Certificates web page.
Graduate Certificates of Advanced Study (post-master's)
Certificates of Advanced Study are for those that have already earned a master's degree and wish to further their education.