Microcredentials and Certificates
Looking to advance your career? Or enhance your knowledge in an in-demand field? Consider getting a certificate or microcredential from SUNY Empire. These programs offer a great way to earn a high-quality credential that supports a specific interest.
Certificates: SUNY Empire’s certificate programs are registered with New York state and consist of credit-bearing courses. Our certificate programs let students focus on a high-demand field and get a certificate that can be used toward one or more degrees.
Microcredentials: Our microcredentials are short, targeted programs that help you get the skills and knowledge you need in today’s most exciting industries. You can also apply them toward a degree or certificate.
Undergraduate certificates are applicable to at least one degree program for those meeting program admissions requirements. Students already enrolled in one of SUNY Empire's associate or bachelor's degree program plans may also earn a certificate, if applicable.
- Business and Environmental Sustainability
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention
- Global Indigenous Knowledge
- Healthcare Management
- Manufacturing Management
Visit our catalog for program details or contact email@example.com for enrollment information.
If you have already earned a four-year degree, you can enroll in our graduate-level microcredentials. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Dynamics of Corporate Board Engagement
- Dynamics of Nonprofit Board Engagement
- Pathway for Corporate Board Leadership-Personal Branding
These graduate microcredentials are offered through SUNY Empire's Women's Corporate Leadership Academy.
Graduate Advanced Certificates (post-bachelor’s)
Advanced certificates are offered online and can be completed as an individual credential or incorporated into a related master's degree for those meeting program admission requirements.
- American Studies
- Child and Family Advocacy
- Community Advocacy
- Corporate Board Leadership
- Emerging Media and Technology for the Arts
- Financial Management and Analysis
- Global Brand Marketing
- Global Finance and Investment
- Healthcare Management
- Heritage Preservation
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology Management
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
- Instructional Design and Emerging Technologies
- Labor Studies
- Marketing Analytics and Brand Management
- Nonprofit Management
- Optometry Business Management
- Project Management
- Public Administration
- Public History
- Social Entrepreneurship
- STEM Education and Emerging Technologies
- Teaching and Learning with Emerging Technologies
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) - launching in Fall 2023
- Women's and Gender Studies
- Workforce Development
For more information about our advanced certificates, please visit our Advanced Certificates web page.
Graduate Certificates of Advanced Study (post-master's)
Certificates of Advanced Study are for those that have already earned a master's degree and wish to further their education.
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Nursing Education
- Certificate of Advanced Study in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) - launching in Fall 2023