The Peer Tutor/Coach Program
Welcome to the Peer Tutor Program. The Peer Tutor/Coach Program encompasses three levels of support: The Peer Tutor, The Academic Coach, and The Course Assistant Programs.
Looking for a tutor/coach? Are you a student who is
- seeking assistance with course content, material and assignments?
- in need of development in the areas of time management, studying skills, or other areas?
- in need of assistance with navigating Brightspace and/or other software tools?
- new to Empire State University?
The Peer Tutor Program provides tutoring and coaching services, complementing the already available university resources, to those students needing additional assistance with their studies and/or needing guidance, encouragement and/or skill development. A trained peer tutor and/or academic coach will be assigned based on the details of the student's request.
If you are in need of assistance with your course(s), need guidance and/or skill development, see Request a Peer Tutor/Academic Coach for more information and to request a peer tutor/academic coach. Please note, tutors/coaches are not guaranteed. Every effort will be made to find a peer tutor/academic coach for each request received.
Looking to tutor/coach/assist? Are you a student who has
- an interest in tutoring/coaching/assisting another student or a group of students and/or entering the teaching field?
- strong communication skills which lend themselves to tutoring by phone, e-mail and other electronic communication means?
- earned a B+ or higher in SUNY Empire Online courses?
The Peer Tutor Program is always accepting new applications. If you are interested in becoming a peer tutor/academic coach/course assistant, please review the information in the Peer Tutor/Coach Application (file 61kB) page and complete the Peer Tutor Application and other required forms.
NOTE: Please review the three types of tutoring opportunities, academic coach, peer tutor, and course assistant. These roles have different expectations.
For more information about this program, please contact the following:
Office of Academic Support
Empire State University
800-847-3000, ext. 3008