Empire State University develops credit-bearing programs to meet the specific needs of trade unions and organizations that help members advance their education. Partnership benefits are available to employees, members and students of our partnering unions and organizations.
College partnerships with trade unions include:
International Union of Police Associations: The partnership between Empire State University and the International Union of Police Associations was developed to provide IUPA members with access to a flexible, affordable, high-quality education delivered by an accredited institution. Members can study online, at one of 35 locations in New York state, or blend both approaches.
New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association (NYSCOPBA): In partnership, Empire State University provides NYSCOPBA members with access to flexible and affordable undergraduate degree programs.
The Harry Van Arsdale Jr. School of Labor Studies, located in metropolitan New York, coordinates partnerships with the following:
- American Federation of Government Employees
- Building and Construction Trades Council of Nassau and Suffolk Counties
- Communications Workers of America, District 1
- Independent Drivers Guild - IAMAW
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local #3
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW)
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- Labor Council for Latin American Advancement NYC-Chapter
- Local 338
- NYC District Council of Carpenters
- Plumbing Contractors Association of Long Island
- Restaurant Opportunities Center United (ROC)
- SMART Local 28 Sheet Metal Workers Union of Metropolitan New York and Long Island
- The Laundry Workers Center
- Union Plus
- United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters
- United Federation of Teachers Paraprofessional Program
- United Steelworkers - Institute for Career Development, Inc
- Worker's Justice Project
If you are interested in becoming a student and your employer or organization is already a partner, contact Empire State University for information about enrolling.
For information about labor union partnerships, please contact Dr. Maria Figueroa, Dean, Harry Van Arsdale Jr. School of Labor Studies, at 917-612-9133 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.