Time Payment Plan Terms and Conditions
- Empire State University offers an interest-free, low-cost payment plan, through TouchNet, to pay your charges in convenient installments. The time payment plan has a nonrefundable application fee of $25 per term.
- The Time Payment Plan can be used to pay registration charges and Individualized Prior Learning Assessment (iPLA). The minimum amount of eligible charges to enroll in the Time Payment Plan is $100.
- You can start the payment plan enrollment process by visiting My.SUNYEmpire, Student Accounts (login required) and selecting the Make a Payment or Enroll in Time Payment Plan icon. To further assist you, please view our online tutorial - How to Enroll in the Time Payment Plan.
- Installment due dates will vary depending on which payment plan you are enrolled in. You will receive automated email reminders to alert you to upcoming installment due dates. Please refer to your Time Payment Plan agreement for specific due dates.
- If you register any time after the payment due date, your first installment is due at the time of registration.
- Payment Plan amounts may change over time to account for any new charges, payments, or financial aid adjustments.
- For your security, the university does not store credit or debit card information when you make a payment. It is your responsibility to make payments by the payment due date. However, TouchNet allows students to schedule payments and/or save a payment method within the secure TouchNet system.
- If you fail to make your first payment prior to the term payment due date, your enrollment in the time payment plan may be voided and your registration will be subject to cancellation. The $25 application fee remains nonrefundable.
- If your registration is canceled for nonpayment, or if you are academically dismissed, withdraw, drop or are administratively withdrawn at any point in the term, you remain liable for the time payment plan application fee. In addition, if any of the stated actions result in tuition and/or fee liability, as per the university's stated withdrawal policy, you are responsible for making payment as per the time payment plan schedule. Failure to make payment will result in a late payment fee(s) being charged to your account.
- If you default on the time payment plan, the university reserves the right to restrict your enrollment in this plan in future terms. If your application is denied, your down payment will be returned to you; however, your application fee will not be refunded.
- Timely payment of scheduled installments is important. Overdue installments are assessed a late fee of $30. In addition, there is a $20 charge for checks returned by the bank as uncollectible funds. The university reserves the right to deny future payment plan privileges when a student's payments have not been made as scheduled.
We’re here to help.
The mission of SUNY Empire’s Student Accounts is to provide the best possible customer service to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Contact 1Stop Student Services at:800-847-3000 ext. 2285