Find a Job
Empire State University offers resources to assist you in your job search. We use Handshake* as our official job resource center. Services are available 24/7 to students, alumni, and employers at https://esc.joinhandshake.com.
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers.
- Access our events calendar, and career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos and more.
- Review career fair information and company recruitment visits.
- Employers search for talented students and alumni, and post unlimited jobs for free.
*as of July 1, 2022. Student launch July 20, 2022.
Additional Job Search Resources
- Online Job Search Resources
- SUNY Empire Alumni Student Career Management Community: Top career authors and experts to share tips, tools and best practices you can use to manage your career and job searches.
- SUNY Empire Library Resources: Subject Guide
Employment resources and services available to individuals with disabilities.
- ACCES-VR: Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation offers guidance for individuals through service programs they need to reach their employment goal.
- Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) Grant: Helps expand the capacity of American Job Centers (AJCs) to improve employment outcomes of individuals with disabilities
Explore career information based on occupational projections, skills, and background needed and salary information.
- Projections Central: State Occupational Projections and Outlook
- Career Options: Explore career options, skills needed and salary information
- Career and Cluster Videos: Gain insight into 500+ careers
- Career Exploration: Research careers and the skills, abilities, education and work place options at Career One Stop, sponsored by the US Department of Labor
Skills and Ability
When exploring the next step in your career, always evaluate your skills and abilities.
- Skills and Abilities videos: Explore skills and abilities employers are seeking in today’s candidates
When evaluating job offer or offers, it is helpful to have wage information available to help in your decision making.
- Wage Data by Area and Occupation provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics: Data available by occupation for the nation, regions, states, and many metropolitan areas
- PayScale: PayScale links individuals and businesses to the largest salary profile database in the world
- LinkedIn Salary: Data available by occupation and geographic location
We’re here to help.
Empire State University's 1Stop Student Services is a partner in your successful student experience. Visit www.sunyempire.edu/1stop or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 2285