Full eligibility criteria and information on how to apply for an Excelsior Scholarship is located on the Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) website.
The Excelsior Scholarship is administered by the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation. The Excelsior Scholarship, in combination with other student financial aid programs, may allow students to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free.
Eligible applicants must:
- be a resident of NYS and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the term;
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- have either graduated from high school in the United States, earned a high school equivalency diploma, or passed a federally approved "Ability to Benefit" test, as defined by the Commissioner of the State Education Department;
- have a combined federal adjusted gross income of $125,000 or less;
- be pursuing an undergraduate degree at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and the statutory colleges at Cornell University and Alfred University;
- be enrolled in at least 12 credits per term and complete at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward his or her degree program;
- if attended college prior to the 2021-2022 academic year, have earned at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward his or her degree program prior to applying for an Excelsior Scholarship;
- be in a non-default status on a student loan made under any NYS or federal education loan program or on the repayment of any NYS award;
- be in compliance with the terms of the service condition(s) imposed by a NYS award that you have previously received; and
- execute a Contract agreeing to reside in NYS for the length of time the award was received, and, if employed during such time, be employed in NYS.
We are always happy to hear from alumni, students and other friends of the university.
For general inquiries, dial extension 2248.
Our fax number is (518) 580-0700.