After receiving an invitation from Empire State University's Office of Veteran and Military Education (OVME) and supplying verification of military status, students who choose to join SALUTE must pay a $35 lifetime application fee to SALUTE ("individual membership" at link below). Undergraduate students whose GPA allows them to move up in the tier system, can complete a Tier Appeal Application Form through SALUTE and pay a $10 upgrade fee. Online payment is available at the SALUTE payment site.
- Fill out the Salute Intent Form (PDF 139kB) and send it to Empire State University's Office of Veteran and Military Education (OVME) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to 518-587-5483, along with verification of military service:
- Veterans: Send a Member 4 copy of your DD214 to show an honorable discharge.
- Active duty/Guard/Reserve: Send a copy of your current orders.
- Wait for membership eligibility from OVME staff. Your GPA eligibility has been verified. You may review charter eligibility criteria on the SUNY Empire SALUTE webpage.
- OVME will notify you when your documents have been reviewed and verified, at which point you must submit the SALUTE membership application online and pay your $35 membership fee.
- Email receipt of membership payment to email@example.com or fax it to 518-587-5483.
We’re here to help.
SUNY Empire’s Veteran and Military Education staff is ready to work with you to make earning your degree possible and affordable.800-847-3000