Empire State University Students
Empire State University serves a higher percentage of adult and working learners than any other undergraduate-degree-granting institution in New York state. We are also the largest-serving 4-year military-affiliated institution in the State University of New York (SUNY).
Our students represent the diversity of New York state. More often than not, they are busy adults with jobs, families, and lives that may not fit the conventional college model.
- SUNY Empire is the first and only university designated an Autism Supportive College, creating an inclusive environment and academic experience for Neurodivergent students.
- Our opportunity programs serve students statewide at all stages of life and learning, full and part time.
- Most of the university's students are between 25 and 49 years old.
- More than 65% of our students work full time while earning their degree; 15% work part time.
- 63% of our students study part time.
- 37% of our student study full time.
- The university enrolls students from every county in New York state, 47 U.S. states, and 39 countries.
- 70% of our alumni live and work in New York state.