Apply for a Nursing or Allied Health Degree
Thank you for choosing to pursue your degree at Empire State University.
To guarantee that your application is considered for the academic term in which you wish to begin your degree, please review the appropriate academic term information and application deadlines listed below.
Nursing and Allied Health Science academic terms
Nursing and Allied Health Science application deadline dates
RN to B.S. in Nursing
To be considered for admission to the RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program, you must:
- Have an associate degree or diploma from an accredited nursing program
- Possess an active, unencumbered New York state RN license
- Meet the RN to BSN application requirements by the Nursing application deadline.
Note: Due to limited program capacity, the nursing program is only admitting New York state residents at this time.
M.S. in Nursing
To be considered for admission to the M.S. in nursing program, you must
- Have a bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Possess an active, unencumbered RN license with expiration date
- Provide resume showing clear demonstration of clinical practice as a registered nurse (minimum 1 year)
- Provide evidence that you are able to pursue the subject matter and meet the academic demands of the program
- Meet the M.S. in nursing application requirements by the Nursing application deadline.
Post-Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education
To be considered for admissions to the Post-Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education, you must:
- Hold a New York State or state of residence unencumbered license as a registered nurse
- Submit official transcript(s) from a regionally accredited institution of higher education showing completion of:
- A graduate degree (masters) in nursing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Graduate-level content for advanced health assessment, pathophysiology, and pharmacology
- Meet the Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education application requirements by the nursing application deadline
RN to Master of Science in Nursing
To be considered for admission to the RN to MS in Nursing program, students must:
- Have an associate degree from an accredited nursing program with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Possess an active, unencumbered NYS registered nurse license
- One year working experience as a registered nurse
- Be able to pursue college-level work (as evidenced by essay)
- Demonstrate capacity to develop graduate level academic skills
The nursing program gives preference in the admission decision to candidates residing within New York state.
B.S. in Allied Health Science
To be considered for admission to the B.S. in Allied Health Science program, you must:
- Have an associate degree or diploma in allied health or related field from an accredited higher-education institution
- Hold a current license or certification (for professions requiring licensure or certification)
- Have completed of a minimum of 12 credits in the natural and social sciences (Anatomy and Physiology I and II are required)
- Meet the B.S. in allied health science application requirements by the application deadline.
We’re here to help.
SUNY Empire’s School of Nursing and Allied Health is ready to assist you with planning your degree program and keeping you on track.800-847-3000