Summer TAP Special Provisions
Summer TAP has special requirements. If you are eligible for and intend to use TAP for the Empire State University summer term, you will need to meet all of the following criteria, unless you are certified as Americans with Disability Act (ADA) TAP eligible :
- You must have earned a combination of at least 24 college credits at Empire State University during the preceding year's Fall 1 and Spring 1 terms.
- You must also have attended full time for the Spring 1 term.
- You must be in good academic standing with the university.
- You must meet all other eligibility for being awarded TAP.
- You must be enrolled in at least 1 course that meets the 15 week requirement per term in order to be eligible for New York State aid, or enrolled (at the start of the term) in two consecutive sessions that together make up the 15-week requirement. Students taking courses in only 8-week sessions do not qualify for New York State aid.
Special Notes for ADA Part-Time TAP and Traditional Part-Time TAP Students
ADA and Part-Time TAP students who enroll for the summer and have been awarded TAP do not have to meet the accelerated-term requirement outlined in the summer term TAP provisions above.