Critical Reading and Writing
The handouts and worksheets listed and linked to here are intended to help you as students learn to read critically and thoughtfully.
For General Reading:
- What is Critical Reading?
- Two Modes of Reading
- Effective Reading: Taking Notes
- While You Read: Strategies for Close Reading
- Interpreting Texts Critically: Asking Questions
- After Reading: Evaluating What You Have Read
- Examining Your Reactions After Reading: A Three-Part Exercise
- Stages Involved in Summary Writing
For Reading Literature:
Don't forget: if you would like assistance with this or any other type of writing assignment, learning coaches are available to assist you. Please contact Academic Support by emailing Academic.Support@sunyempire.edu.
Questions or feedback about SUNY Empire's Writing Support?
Contact us at Academic.Support@sunyempire.edu.