NYC Paraprofessional Program
SUNY Empire is proud to serve Paraprofessionals in partnership with the United Federation of Teachers (UFT), the New York State United Teachers (NYSUT) Education and Learning Trust, and the Department of Education (DOE).
Paraprofessionals can use their DOE vouchers to take college-level courses online, virtually, or at Empire and UFT locations throughout the NYC Boroughs in pursuit of a SUNY Empire degree to advance their career in any field of study—including education.
Empire’s program provides Paraprofessionals with a full range of support services which include assistance with admissions and registration, an assigned primary faculty mentor, access to special events and training, and the support of dedicated tutors and coaches.
Paraprofessional Program Highlights
- Use your voucher. Empire is an approved college at which your voucher can cover tuition costs, up to 6 credits per term.
- Career Advancement. Credits received may be eligible for use toward salary upgrades.
- Dedicated Guidance. A designated faculty-mentor provides guidance to help you plan and complete an associate or bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- CTLE Courses. Empire State College is an approved CTLE provider and offers courses that have been reviewed and approved for CTLE credit.
- Improve your skills – You develop key skills needed in your workplace, such as classroom management, time management, student teacher interaction, problem solving, socio-emotional intervention, and stress management.
- Become a role model – As a student, you become a role model for your own students and your own children.
- Join a community of learners. Connect with students and professionals through special programming targeting your needs and interests.
- Convenience and Flexibility – We're committed to helping you find a way to learn that makes sense for where you are right now, and where you want to be in the future. Whether you prefer instruction online, in-person, or a combination of both, we have courses and degree programs that meet your unique needs.
For more information, please contact Chanel Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or (347) 695-9606, ext #1733.