Advanced Certificate in Nursing Administration
Now accepting applications for the Fall 2024 term
The advanced certificate in nursing administration is ideal if you are a nurse with a Master of Science in Nursing degree in another specialty such as nurse educator, practitioner, or midwifery and wish to become a nurse administrator. The advanced certificate will prepare you to assume a nurse administrator role in academic or clinical healthcare environments.
Upon successful completion of the certificate, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the concepts of quality, safety, and accountability within the constraints of healthcare finances.
- Analyze data related to fiscal planning and management of human and physical resources.
- Integrate organizational frameworks and perspectives to guide nursing administrative practices.
- Appraise the impact of challenges in designing innovative and sustainable healthcare organizations.
- Use evidence-based practices to promote effective communication and collaboration.
- Assume a leadership role on interprofessional healthcare teams in complex environments.
Four graduate-level online courses (12 credits total) prepare you for administrative or leadership positions in academic or clinical settings.
Healthcare Finance and Budgeting
Organizational Theory and Human Resource Management
Innovative Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
Nursing Administration Capstone
- Complete our admission application.
- Provide proof of a New York state (or state of residence) unencumbered license as a registered nurse and any other advanced-practice license.
- Provide proof of a master’s degree in nursing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submit official transcript(s) from previously attended regionally accredited colleges and universities.